Most of us love our best friends but sometimes we just forget to tell them how much they mean to us or how easy they make our lives. So here are five reasons to say thank you bestfriend; thank you for coping with my never ending wahala and from self destructing without expecting anything in return.
- For being selfless and inspiring you to be a better person: Remember that time when your best friend did something completely out of the blues for you. Something you couldn’t possibly believe someone that wasn’t a family member could do for you. You get goosebumps, you wonder why you deserve such gestures and in turn you tend to mentally adjust your principles to sacrifice for others.
- For being just as crazy as you are: Countless times you go out with your normal friends and although you have fun, you know deep in your heart that if your best friend were there, you’d have had wayyyy more fun right? Yeah, best friends that drive you to do crazy stuff and never judge you despite your silliness are the absolute best. Make sure to let them know
- For everytime you got drunk and needed someone to clean up after you: Common scenario, you go and turn up, you do more than you should, drink more than yo should, probably mix red wine and vodka(terrible combination btw) and end up 50 shades of messed up. You probably make it home in one piece and then it starts to happen. You’ve to throw up but you want to sleep at the same time; then you throw up half conscious and your best friend cleans up after you. No strings attached, no anger. Amazing right?
- For giving those pep talks that saved your relationship: Seriously, how many times have you messed up with your significant other or your partner and you needed your best friend to bail you out of those tricky situations that might have ended your relationship. We take it for granted that they always know the right things to say to smoothen things over in less time than should be possible.
- For reviewing your ugly pictures: When you take hundreds of selfies and you decide to spam your friend’s phone to help you review and select the best no cost attached. Imagine sifting through so much data for free and they always end up selecting the best. No really, there should be a medal attached to this one. They are amazing aren’t they?
It’s very easy to forget to appreciate the ones who are there for us for nothing at all, maybe because we are comfortable in the fact that they will always be around. Compliments for those friends that want nothing in return asides your friendship shouldn’t be taken for granted. It could be the difference between the next level of your friendship and a simple fight leading to the end of such a promising relationship.